Win one million
IHG® Rewards Club points
We’re celebrating Canada’s 150th
And you can help with the celebration—share your favourite Canadian hidden gems with us and you could win One Million IHG® Rewards Club points.Contest ends May 31st
The possibilities are endless
All across Canada, IHG® hotels offer the perfect opportunity to explore the country however you want to.
Celebrate our 150th with Canada's sweetheart Jenn Valentyne and IHG
Watch the video and find out how to get involved! #IHG150
Hidden Gems #IHG150
Everyone has a not-so-obvious favourite Canadian spot—maybe it’s a spectacular lookout point, a local curiosity, or even a funky retro diner. This is your chance to celebrate Canada by sharing your personal hidden gem with the rest of the country.
IHG® Rewards Club points
IHG® Rewards Club points
(for two winners)
Top 150 hidden gems
just in time for Canada Day
Explore these hidden gems now
From coast to coast, Canadians are sharing their favorite spots–what's yours?
Enter contest here
Upload a photo of your hidden gem (optional)
Image files only. One image per submission. Max file size allowed is 50 MB.
Enter your e-mail
Keep on the look-out—select hidden gems will appear in the gallery within a week.
IHG Rewards Club® Canada’s 150th Hidden Gems Sweepstakes–Official Rules
NO PURCHASE or STAY NECESSARY TO PLAY.
Making a purchase or payment will not improve your chances of winning. Void where prohibited by law.
Sweepstakes Sponsor: InterContinental Hotels Group (Canada), Inc. (“IHG”), Toronto, ON, Canada, L4Z 1H8.
Administrator: Hill+Knowlton Strategies, Toronto, ON, Canada, M4W 3P7.
1. WHO CAN PLAY: The Sweepstakes is open to all legal residents of Canada who have reached the age of majority in their Province at the time of entry. The Sweepstakes excludes all employees (current and retired), and their family members or those with whom they are domiciled, of the InterContinental®, Crowne Plaza®, Hotel Indigo®, Holiday Inn®, Holiday Inn Express®, Staybridge Suites® and Candlewood Suites® hotels, Sweepstakes Sponsor, and Six Continents Hotels, Inc., their respective parents and affiliates, and their advertising, promotional and publicity agencies, prize suppliers, and franchisees, and all representatives, agents, distributors, sales representatives, and administrators thereof. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. TIMING: The Sweepstakes begins on March 1, 2017 at 9:00 a.m. US EST and ends on May 31, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. EST (the “Sweepstakes Period”). There will be one (1) entry period for the Sweepstakes, which will have three (3) drawing dates as set forth in the table below. Administrator’s computer is the official time-keeping device for this Promotion.
|Sweepstake Period||Approximate Drawing Date|
|March 1- May 31, 2017||
3. HOW TO ENTER: During the Sweepstakes Period, submit a Canadian “hidden gem” (“Submission”) on the Sweepstakes website to be entered (“Entry”) into a draw for one of three (3) IHG® Rewards Club points prizes. A Submission is qualifying when it includes all of the following items:
- Full name
- Email address
- Name and location of Canadian “hidden gem”
- Photo of Canadian “hidden gem” (optional)
- Description of Canadian “hidden gem” (optional)
The Entry must be submitted through the microsite: ihgrewardsclub.com/150Canada (“Sweepstakes Website”)
Limit: Participants may enter the Sweepstakes by submitting a hidden gem on the Sweepstakes Website. Participants will receive one (1) entry for the Sweepstakes, regardless of the number of Submissions entered. Submitting multiple hidden gems during the Sweepstakes Period is allowed but will not result in multiple chances to win. Participants shall only get one (1) entry for the Sweepstakes. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected registrations, which will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
To be eligible, the participant’s entry must: Be in accordance with the specific Submission Requirements listed below in Rule 4.
To participate in this Sweepstakes, participants must have a valid email address. The Sweepstakes Sponsor and/or Administrator reserve the right, in their respective sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sweepstakes Sponsor or Administrator including, without limitation, government issued photo identification) to participate in this Sweepstakes. Failure to provide such proof in a timely manner may result in disqualification, at the sole and absolute discretion of the Sweepstakes Sponsor and/or the Administrator.
- By submitting a photo you are claiming legal ownership or right to use the image.
- The photo should be free of other legally protected trademarks, word marks copyrights.
- By submitting a photo, you are indemnifying IHG against any claims of ownership, trademark, copyright on the image submitted.
4. WEBSITE SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS: BY SUBMITTING A HIDDEN GEM, YOU AGREE THAT THE SUMISSION COMPLIES WITH ALL CONDITIONS STATED IN THESE RULES. THE RELEASED PARTIES (DEFINED BELOW) WILL BEAR NO LEGAL LIABILITY REGARDING THE USE OF ANY SUBMISSION YOU SUBMIT. THE RELEASED PARTIES (DEFINED BELOW) SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY YOU IN THE EVENT IT IS SUBSEQUENTLY DISCOVERED THAT YOU HAVE DEPARTED FROM OR NOT FULLY COMPLIED WITH ANY OF THESE RULES.
By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Rules and by the interpretation of these Rules by the Sweepstakes Sponsor, and further represents, warrants, covenants and agrees to and with the Sweepstakes Sponsor that such entrant’s post:
- is original to the entrant;
- will not violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation;
- will not infringe the copyright, trade-mark or other intellectual property rights of any third party;
- will not give rise to any claims of infringement, invasion of privacy or publicity, or infringe on any rights and/or interests of any third party, or give rise to any claims for payment whatsoever; and
- will not be defamatory, trade libelous, pornographic or obscene, and further that it will not describe, imply, depict, discuss or involve, without limitation, any of the following:
- Alcohol/drug consumption or smoking;
- Explicit or graphic sexual activity, or sexual innuendo;
- Crude, vulgar or offensive language and/or symbols;
- Derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual or religious groups;
- Content that endorses, condones and/or discusses any illegal, inappropriate or risky behaviour or conduct;
- Personal information of individuals, including, without limitation, full names, telephone numbers and addresses (physical or electronic);
- Will not contain commercial messages, comparisons or solicitations for products or services other than products of the Sweepstakes Sponsor;
- Will not encourage conduct or other activities in violation of these Rules;
- Will not contain any other content that is or could be considered inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, all as determined by the Sweepstakes Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion; and
- Will not discredit the IHG Rewards Club brand, Sponsor or any of Sponsor’s affiliated companies and/or product in any way.
(Each of the foregoing conditions being a requirement for a Submission to be eligible as an Entry under these Rules)
By entering the Sweepstakes and submitting a hidden gem, each participant: (i) waives all moral rights in and to his/her entry in favour of the Sweepstakes Sponsor; and (ii) agrees to release and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities (see below) from and against any and all claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trade-mark infringement or any other intellectual property related cause of action that relate in any way to the comment (iii) Agrees that Sponsor may feature his/her Submission on its microsite highlighting Canada’s 150th Birthday hidden gems. For greater certainty and the avoidance of any doubt, the Sweepstakes Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and at any time, to modify, edit or disqualify any entry if a complaint is received with respect to the content, or for any other reason. If such an action is necessary at any point, then the Sweepstakes Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify the entry and/or the associated participant. If the Sweepstakes Sponsor determines, in its sole and absolute discretion, that any entry does not comply with these Rules for any reason at any time, then the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify the entry and/or the associated participant. Not every hidden gem submitted will be featured on the Sweepstakes Website.
Three (3) prizes of IHG Rewards Club points will be awarded during March 1 – May 31, 2017.
- Prize Number 1 drawn on March 31, 2017: 50,000 IHG Rewards Club points (value of $475)
- Prize Number 2 drawn on April 30, 2017: 50,000 IHG Rewards Club points (value of $475)
- Grand Prize drawn on May 31, 2017: 1,000,000 IHG Rewards Club points (value of $9,500)
PRIZE DRAWING: Administrator will randomly select the potential Sweepstakes winner(s), from all eligible entries received for the specific Sweepstakes Period on the dates referenced in the chart in section 2. Potential Sweepstakes winners will be notified by email.
Random Prize Drawing
At the office of the Administrator, Administrator will randomly select the potential winners by a computer system from all eligible Submissions received during the Sweepstakes Period on or around the Drawing Dates as listed above in the Sweepstakes Period section. Administrator is an independent judging organization, whose decisions as to the administration and operation of the Sweepstakes and the selection of the potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. Prizes will be fulfilled approximately 4-6 weeks after winners are confirmed. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the applicable Entry Period.
Total approximate retail value of all prizes: $10,450.
5. NOTIFICATION AND REDEMPTION: All prize claims are subject to verification by Administrator. The Sweepstakes Sponsor will notify potential winners via email. If a selected potential winner: (i) cannot be contacted within two (2) attempts or within forty-eight hours (48) of the draw date, or if there is a return of any notification as undeliverable; and/or (ii) fails to return the properly executed Sweepstakes Sponsor’s Compliance, Release, and Indemnity Certificate under which, among other matters, winner confirms his/her compliance and eligibility with these Official Rules, correctly answers the provided skill-testing question; releases and indemnifies Sweepstakes Sponsor, Administrator and other certain parties within forty-eight (48) hours of the time the documents are sent to the potential winner, then he/she will forfeit their opportunity to be a Winner and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to select an alternate potential winner in accordance with these Rules (in which case the forgoing provisions of this section shall apply to such new eligible winner).
If a potential winner refuses or fails to timely return the required documents in accordance with these Official Rules, or is found to have violated the Official Rules of the Sweepstakes in any way, or is deemed ineligible to receive a prize for any reason, or if any prize or prize notification from Sweepstakes Sponsor or Administrator is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner will be disqualified and will be deemed to have forfeited the prize in question. In the case of the Prizes, Sweepstakes Administrator will hold a drawing to select an alternate prize winner from among the pool of remaining, eligible entries received.
6. ODDS: Odds of winning a Prize are dependent upon the number of eligible Sweepstakes participants and the number of eligible Submissions submitted in accordance with these Official Rules.
7. PUBLICITY: Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for Sweepstakes Sponsor and its direct and indirect affiliates to use, where lawful, any winner’s name, likeness, voice and/or comments for advertising, trade or promotional purposes worldwide in commerce and in any media without limitation or additional compensation. The names of the winners may be published on the Sweepstakes Sponsor’s website and in its advertising media, following verification of all prize winners and will be available by mail request, as noted in Rule 9 below.
8. RESTRICTIONS: The following are prohibited and will result in automatic and immediate disqualification from the Sweepstakes: (1) using any method that artificially increases odds of winning; (2) using any robotic, automatic, mechanical, programmed or any similar entry duplication method to enter Online Sweepstakes (3) noncompliance with these Official Rules; and (4) any other act which the Sweepstakes Sponsor determines in its sole discretion, jeopardizes the integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. Sweepstakes Sponsor further reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to prosecute any individual who tampers with or attempts to tamper with the entry process or who enters using any automatic or programmed entry duplication method.
- When the entrant gives Sweepstakes Sponsor permission to do so;
- When in good faith the Sweepstakes Sponsor believes the law requires disclosure;
- Under limited circumstances specifically described to the entrant when Sweepstakes Sponsor collects the information, such as in the Official Rules of the Sweepstakes.
- To Sweepstakes Sponsor’s subsidiaries and affiliates, provided that such subsidiaries and affiliates and their agents and advisors and their respective employees are restricted from using the information for any purpose other than described in these Official Rules; or
- To Sweepstakes Sponsor’s agents for data processing purposes, or to its professional advisors and promotional and marketing agencies, provided that such agents, professional advisors and promotional and marketing agencies are restricted from using the information for any purpose other than as described in these Official Rules.
Sweepstakes Sponsor may match aggregated, statistical user information to parameters established by third parties, without releasing any personally identifiable information. Sweepstakes Sponsor may share aggregate information with trading partners, co-branded locations, participating sponsors and advertisers; however, this aggregated information will not contain personally identifiable information. Any requests for access to the information that entrants have supplied, or to update or rectify such information, must be made in writing by sending a self-addressed envelope with your request to: Sweepstakes Master, Review Roundup, 160 Bloor St. East, Suite #800, Toronto, ON M4W 3P7, Canada.
10. PHOTO RELEASE: For this sweepstakes, entrant gives Sweepstakes Sponsor license to use of any photos submitted for possible use in future promotional campaigns. By submitting, you agree to give Sweepstakes Sponsor permission to re-use the image at their discretion.
11. LIST OF WINNERS: The names of the Prize winners and a copy of the complete Official Rules will be available by sending a self-addressed envelope to: Sweepstakes Master, InterContinental Hotels Group, 160 Bloor St. East, Suite #800, Toronto, ON, M4W 3P7. Please specify “Official Rules” and/or “Winners List” with your request. Requests must be received by August 31, 2017.
12. GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS: Sponsor reserves the right to modify or terminate this Sweepstakes if fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity of the Sweepstakes as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. At its sole discretion, Sponsor may disqualify any person whom it considers to have intentionally violated the Official Rules or any element of this Sweepstakes. Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes the entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules including the decisions of Sweepstakes Sponsor, Six Continents Hotels, Inc., Administrator, (collectively the “Sweepstakes Entities”), which are final with respect to all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. This Sweepstakes is void outside the jurisdictions specified in these Official Rules and where prohibited by law and is subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial, local, and municipal laws and regulations. By participating in the Sweepstakes, and as a condition of acceptance of any prize, each entrant, his/her heirs, executors, administrators, and assigns, RELEASES AND FOREVER DISCHARGES AND HOLDS HARMLESS the Sweepstakes Entities, their direct and indirect subsidiaries and affiliates, and their advertising, promotion and fulfillment agencies and legal and other advisors, and each of their employees, officers, directors, shareholders, partners and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”), from and against any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, actions, causes of action, personal injury, property damage or death (including without limitation all costs and liabilities of any kind (including attorneys’ fees)), AND INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY LIABILITY ARISING FROM ANY ACT OR OMISSION OF NEGLIGENCE OR INTENTIONAL CONDUCT OF THE ENTRANT, that the entrant now has, or may hereafter have against the Released Parties directly or indirectly resulting or arising from: (a) participation in the Sweepstakes, or the awarding, acceptance, use, or misuse of any prize, or traveling to, preparing for, or participating in any Sweepstakes-related or prize-related activity; or (b) the publicity rights granted to the Sweepstakes Sponsor and its direct and indirect affiliates as referred to above. It is understood that there may be serious risks of bodily injury, death, or property damage associated with the redemption, use or misuse of any prize, and any prize winner voluntarily assumes these risks. The entrant may be required to pay any taxes associated with the awarding of any prize. Any claim or dispute with respect to the Sweepstakes, the prize, or these Official Rules shall be governed by Ontario law and any proceedings in relation to any such claim or dispute shall be resolved exclusively by federal and provincial courts of Ontario. If any portion of these Official Rules is determined to be unenforceable by a court of law, all other parts of these Official Rules shall remain in full force and effect, and that the conditions and covenants herein shall be binding on the entrant and the entrant’s heirs and assigns.
PRIZES SHALL BE ACCEPTED “AS IS.” IT IS UNDERSTOOD THAT THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES HAVE NOT MADE ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION, OR GUARANTEE, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, REGARDING ANY PRIZE, OR ANY SUBSTITUTE PRIZE. ALL ENTRIES AND PRIZE CLAIMS RECEIVED BECOME THE PROPERTY OF SWEEPSTAKES SPONSOR AND WILL NOT BE RETURNED. SWEEPSTAKES SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CANCEL OR MODIFY THE SWEEPSTAKES OR TO AMEND THESE OFFICIAL RULES AT ANY TIME, FOR ANY REASON, AND WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE.
The Released Parties are not responsible for any technical, hardware, software or telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled or deleted computer, electronic or network transmissions, or for entry requests, or prize claims that are stolen, illegible, incomplete, misdirected, lost, late, postage-due, damaged, or ineligible.
WARNING: ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNERS (AT SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED. ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE, COMPROMISE OR OTHERWISE CORRUPT THE SWEEPSTAKES OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY, PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by federal and provincial courts of Ontario; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Ontario, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Province of Ontario or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Province of Ontario. For Residents of the Province of Quebec ONLY: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling (the “Régie”). Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
©2016 IHG® – InterContinental Hotels Group. All rights reserved. Most hotels are independently owned and/or operated.
Thanks for entering the IHG® Rewards Club 150th Hidden Gems Contest.